Thursday, June 16, 2005

Random

Because my brain has been overtaken by Barbri, some random notes:
  • Reading multiple news articles about Katie Holmes & scientology will not help me on the bar exam. I, like Katie, liked Tom Cruise when I was younger (although I don't think I ever wanted to marry him), but having seen his current antics (post-Nicole), I am glad I got over that a long time ago. *shudder* I still don't know what to think of the whole Tom & Katie mess.
  • The people studying sanitation problems on Mount McKinley couldn't come up with a better phrase than "virus-laden poo"?
  • I am still addicted to Perdue popcorn chicken.
  • I broke from my elliptical routine at the gym today and spent about 25 minutes on a bike instead. Actually, this week I haven't had much of a routine, since I had to use the elliptical machine I don't really like yesterday and switch halfway through once the other one opened up. They both step really differently and it was kind of an awkward switch.
  • Ashton Kutcher did a good job with "Beauty and the Geek." Might be one of the most entertaining shows of the summer. I'm still a little annoyed with myself for not checking out the premiere of "The Closer" on Monday. It was supposed to be good.
  • I haven't watched a DVD in a long time. That must change.
  • I still need to go to the store for Fathers Day stuff. Also, a LOT of errands to get done before the end of this week. The to-do list never gets shorter.
  • I am practicing self-discipline, in preparation for the Harry Potter release (not allowed to read until after the bar exam... we'll see). I am finally allowed to buy a bag of gummy bears tomorrow. Last bag I bought was Saturday, and I told myself I could not buy another one until tomorrow. I made it without breaking down and getting one!
I have begun discussing truly useless details, proving that I have nothing to talk about except the bar exam. How sad. At least before, during law school, I could talk for post after post about TV. But that was back when I had 3 hours of new (and good) programming a night. Now, it's barely a topic of conversation.

But I must read up on this MPT stuff and then go to sleep. My eyes have been closing for the past hour and class starts at 8:30 tomorrow instead of 9. More than 4 hours sleep tonight might be a good idea. :)

No comments: