Saturday, June 18, 2005

Noise

So... almost 4 in the morning (see, the 2 hr nap screwed up my schedule...) and I turn off my iTunes to do a few MC questions before bed, and I realize I can faintly hear my neighbor's music.

Now, this is the same Neighbor who just loves loud music all hours of the day. I'm in the living room. It's not the neighbor on the other side of the wall here. It's the neighbor on the other side of the bedroom wall. (I'd look up previous posts on the music-Neighbor saga, but I'm too lazy and tired to do so.)

But luckily, it's not his subwoofer or bass going this time. It's just the music... which, if you've been keeping up with the saga, I usually never hear because all I hear and feel are the damn vibrations which make me feel like my head is going to explode.

Which must mean that he has his windows wide open or something, because the noise sounds like it is coming more from the windows than through the wall. That's probably what's going on... considering when I went out earlier, he was playing music with the door ajar. I love music, but really, it's not necessary for you (Neighbor) to share it with everyone. We can get along just fine without it.

Normally I wouldn't care because low volume music can easily be covered, except for the fact that it's 4 friggin AM. And if he has the music going now, considering his past behavior, what would stop him from turning up the bass now? It's not like he's ever been considerate before. (And it's 4 AM! Reasonable people sleep at 4 AM! That is why the little building handbook tells you that you can't use your washer at 4 AM!) I feel like maybe I should give him some credit for not having the bass on right now. How sad is it that I think he's making progress because he's not playing music with a loud bass beat at 4 AM? Yeah, don't answer that. I guess I just impute a lot more common sense and consideration to people than they might actually have. Oh well.

I think it's stopped (at least for now), so it's time to try to sleep and absorb more contracts in my sleep. It would be so nice if this CD while you sleep thing really worked! :)

No comments: