Sunday, June 26, 2005

Weekend in Review

This entry should be titled:

What I Did This Weekend Instead of All the Things Barbri Told Me to Do

(And they told us to do a lot in preparation for the upcoming simulated essay exam and simulated MBE this week.)

Effectively, I "took the weekend off" from Barbri. That doesn't mean I didn't do anything at all; I did some MC questions here and there. But for the most part, the weekend was bar-free. And a fantastic break.

It was hard not to take a break this weekend, because there was so much going on in Chicago. The Cubs-Sox series. Taste of Chicago. Nextfest. Pride Fest. Country Music Festival. And more.

So, accompanied by photographs... this weekend, I:

- Attempted to get autographs and pictures


Of soap opera stars


For my mom, who is a big soap opera fan


But failed because I seriously underestimated the devotion of ABC soap opera fans (or the number of girls who wanted to meet the hot soap actors)


- Saw a giant cheesecake


Made to celebrate Eli's Cheesecake's 25th anniversary


To whom the band Chicago sang 'happy birthday'


- Went to the Taste of Chicago in Grant Park


Where I saw many booths, but ate nothing


- Went to an event at Navy Pier


Where I got to see a cloned kitten


And a pet robotic seal


And got to enjoy fun and games galore (including 3D Pong and no-touch air hockey)


And saw a machine just like the one that did part of my secondary screening at the Jax airport


And (not pictured) visited friends in the suburbs, went shopping at the mall, played board games, ate at Chevy's, looked at the poor garaged Jellybean in Millennium Park, and took a lot of long cool relaxing baths to remedy exhaustion from the heat.

Concluded the weekend with dinner at Burrito Beach


And dessert at Coldstone (from which we have leftovers!) and a walk down the butterflied Magnificent Mile


And now I'm back where I always am, sitting on the couch, pondering rules of law and playing on Study Smart. But it was a nice weekend break. If only Barbri weren't 5 days a week (or more!)... it would be so much nicer. :) I should probably be working right now, but instead I'm watching the finale of the Next Food Network Star. Oops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That cheesecake weighs 2500 pounds? I thought it would be bigger! Hahaha. Did they have to use a forklift to get it onto the table? How strong is that table? Hmmm... cheeeeeesecake.

-Katie