Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Anticipation

This is like trying to watch a pot of water boil. It's almost like when I was watching my odometer waiting for it to hit a landmark number of miles, except you knew you'd inevitably get there if you just kept driving (and I almost always miss the exact moment when the odometer hits the landmark point, despite being so concerned about it). I'm waiting for my counter to hit 1000 (I know it doesn't sound like much, but it kind of is to me - it's 4 digits!), and ever since I've been home it's been stuck on the same number. I know once I stop checking, it will hit and go past 1000 - but what if I don't stop checking? Is my checking the counter somehow keeping everyone else from reading my site? Haha. Maybe people just have better things to do... like, say, work?

No comments: