Thursday, December 23, 2004

Drenched

Wow, that was one crazy weather day.

Went out to Manhattan to take my grandmother to the doctor, and of course, it's the worst weather day of the week. Pouring rain, 40-60 mph winds... my jeans were soaked from my waist to the ends, my socks could be wringed out and my sneakers were holding lots of water. My jacket was soaked through to the inside, I didn't have a hood, my umbrella must have blown out twenty times in addition to the times when it pushed me in the reverse direction down the street or pushed me from behind so I went flying down the sidewalk.

Getting to the bus to go home was a horribly drenching experience from which I recovered by downing Haribo gummy bears like happy pills. It was the worst part of the storm when we were traveling. And walking around all day in the rain was such a tiring workout! I was so hungry by the time we got home that I ate so much moo shu chicken... and now my legs feel like they're going to give out, I'm bundled up with a case of the chills, and I'm exhausted and it's not even midnight.

I just heard on the TV weather report that there were "squall lines." Well that's no surprise considering how bad the curtains of rain were. I'm so tired that I think I might head to bed soon. Tired!!

No comments: