Thursday, December 09, 2004

Slumberly Challenged

Wow, it would have felt nice to have, you know, actually slept last night.

Even for the 3 or so hours I was actually physically in the bed. Would have been nice to have felt like I actually slept during that time.

Instead, at 6:45-7 am, when the alarms hit a melodic crescendo, I felt like I had just gotten into bed and barely had time to close my eyes, much less sleep a wink, and I was required to get up and face the monstrosity that we like to call corporate finance. If I slept at all, it was extremely unrestful.

My fingertips are sore from typing so much over the past few days. Every night, I intend to calculate how many hours of my life the past few days have been spent over laptop screen and keyboard, but my mathematical skills are usually lacking in the early morning. My face was almost numb to the touch upon waking up; it's that odd sensation when you know you should be feeling something a lot more but it's almost like there's a barrier between you and your face and so you don't feel too much. And my eyes... oh, forget that... they're utterly exhausted from the visual workouts Word likes to impose upon them. The heat has made my skin feel so dry that it's coming off my temples and my brain would like a little more hydration, please.

It's 8 am, the time I am supposed to be leaving for the exam, but I'm still sitting in front of the computer (do I do anything else nowadays?) eating a veggie burger, trying to work up the resolve to pack up and go down to school to tackle bonds and rates and values and yields and variances and options and pricing and markets and capital and betas and risk and efficiency and all that good stuff. Remind me to never take finance again in the future? (I don't think I have that option, but still. Please?)

Sun's up... time's running low... that's the sign I've got to go. :)

See you on the other side of noon.

No comments: