Monday, December 06, 2004

Quickly and Efficiently

If I learned anything from the MPRE, I learned that there is a duty to move the legal process along quickly and efficiently in the interests of justice.

Now, this story gives a whole new meaning to backlogged cases. The numbers read that Judge Daniels had 289 motions pending for more than 6 months, although the insiders say that the numbers aren't nearly as high. Either way, it was brought to the attention of the Times, and there are many dissatisfied people out there who aren't getting a ruling on their legal problems. Even dying before a ruling comes down. People shouldn't feel like they have to resort to appealing to a higher court just to try to get that higher court to tell him to make a ruling.

I really hope that the numbers aren't as bad as they were at the time the research was done yielding these numbers. If so, that's just really sad for all those people who are waiting, waiting and waiting for an answer.

But on the topic of the MPRE, I totally forgot we get our results back this month, and I think I would have preferred to stay in the dark about that topic. But someone searched on Google for MPRE results arriving in December and got to my blog, so it reminded me of the inevitable envelope that shall be drifting into my mailbox later this month. Oh well. But if that person comes back... there's no info on MPRE results here. None at all. Not even sure I'll write in when I get my results... it's like getting grades back. I'm pretty quiet about those too.

Digital output, right... that's what I'm supposed to be doing.

No comments: