Friday, December 03, 2004

Fatigue

Just as we've reached the home stretch to the quarter... I think I'm getting sick.

I felt fine this morning, a little tired but I chalked that up to exhaustion from school and not getting enough sleep. But as the day progressed, the pain in my upper shoulders, my shoulderblades and my neck, especially the left side, just got worse and worse. In class, I spent a good amount of time when I wasn't furiously typing out notes massaging the same part of my upper back that is always making me wince. Driving home, my neck felt really stiff and painful, which made my physical condition for driving less than optimal. Luckily the drive is only about 15 minutes before I hit the garage, so it's not like I have to spend hours in traffic.

After I finally got home, I intended to do some work but instead ended up trying to massage my back and stretch in front of Angel and Charmed and Law & Order. I realized that my sinuses were getting clogged, I had aches and pains, I was feeling chilled, I was feeling lightheaded, my eyes were watering, I was utterly exhausted... I might be getting sick. :( So halfway through L&O, I curled up into a ball under my down blanket and took a pre-emptive nap. Maybe some good rest would help me not get as sick as I could get...

I'm feeling a tad bit better after the nap and after some food, but I'm still feeling really weak, like I could get more sick anytime. I'm not looking for pity. :) I just figure that instead of complaining of some backache symptom or that I feel sick as a sidenote to every post, I'd compress it all into one. ;-)

I don't know what the cause of it is... maybe now that my body knows it doesn't have to drag itself to Hyde Park every day, it's letting itself go with the symptoms it has wanted to show all week. (I was about to write that I was proud of myself for actually going to school all 5 days this week, but then I realized that I haven't. I skipped Monday because I was in NYC! How could I forget... although Monday seems like weeks ago.) Who knows. :)

Off to do a little bit of work and then head to bed. Take care of yourself!

No comments: