Friday, December 31, 2004

Twenty Minutes Short

Happy New Years Eve!

I went out this morning for 1.5 hours and now I'm exhausted and want to go back to sleep. Unfortunately, that means I'm going to be missing a gorgeous day. It's 54 degrees and sunny! At the end of December! In Chicago! Unreal.

Anyway, it's been such an off morning.

I finally got to sleep last night at 5, and tossed and turned for an hour or so before I finally woke up. By the time I finally got out of bed at 8:30, I found myself so disoriented because my clock has always been 15 minutes fast and it was on time. Late!

After I drove Alvin to work, I drove down to the school, thinking I could pick up my homework assignments. After all, class starts on Monday, and usually there's stuff due for the first day. First, the exit I would normally take off the highway is closed, sending me through a questionable neighborhood. Second, the school is closed! I couldn't get in with my ID card. If people need assignments for Monday, and the school is closed Friday and Saturday, you expect anyone who didn't stay in Chicago to trek to the school on Sunday? All of them? That's just dumb.

So then I went to the bookstore and spent $230 on heavy books that I probably don't really want to keep. And 50 cents on the meter, where every quarter is supposed to buy you 30 minutes, but my 50 cents bought me 40 minutes.

Drove home, thinking about what a beautiful day it was and how I really wanted to take a nap. And about how all the little things were weird this morning. Maybe a nap will restart the day.

What are my plans for the rest of the day? Nap, find something to eat for lunch, clean up a little bit, shower, pack, pick Alvin up from work, go out to the suburbs and have a fun NYE. Oh, and write my 2004 reflection and resolutions. And probably post stuff I wrote yesterday at the airport that I haven't posted online yet. And if it's early enough, watch part of a movie. And do some work. Yeah.... right. :)

No comments: