Monday, December 13, 2004

Dreaming in Iceland

I've taken a break from blogging for over 24 hours! Can you believe it? :)

Now, back to our regular scheduled programming - notes on last night's dream and then a long-overdue week in review (in the next post).

I had a long and involved dream last night. (Could that be because I actually allowed myself to get a full night's rest? Even though I woke up every hour from seven to noon? I guess the body's really not used to more than 5 hours of sleep, excepting that seven hour binge the night before the securities exam.) I remember a bunch of different parts to it, except that they all happened within the same general context and are not all that coherent when strung together.

Anyway, it seems I was on a spontaneous trip to Iceland. I'm not sure if I won the trip or if I found a cheap fare and booked it, but whatever it was, I wasn't packed because it was a sudden trip where I decided to go to Iceland by myself. I think the flight was supposed to be at 7 pm to Reykjavik and I was so worried I was going to be late.

For some reason, a bunch of different people were seeing me off at the airport. I think my parents were there. And I think Alvin was driving me to the airport. But we weren't in Chicago. I think we were in NY, but it didn't look like NY. It was cloudy outside. And I think I was supposed to be there for a 7 pm flight, but it was really really late and I was technically too late to make it. Only thing was, I had a boarding pass in my hand for a layover going NY to Cincinnati. (See, no coherence to the dream.)

But I got to the airport and found out the flight was delayed by 3 hours, so I was able to make it. And we were waiting in some nice lounge too. But I remember that I was frantic about trying to get everything together for the trip. It must have been really spontaneous because I don't know if I had even gone home or had a change of clothes or anything.

While at the airport, I remember worrying about my digital camera and how I was going to get any pictures taken during my sightseeing in Iceland because I only had one memory card and hadn't brought my charger! And I was all worried about what I was going to do and how I was going to save my pictures. And then all of a sudden, I had a bag with a laptop in it and was not really worried about saving the pictures, but was kind of confused because in the dream segment just before, my bag didn't have a laptop. It was weird.

I remember meeting other people who were going to be on the flight to Iceland. I don't remember much else about them, but we were all hanging out in this lounge. It was bizarre.

And then somewhere along the way, I was checking my blog and people were having conversations with one another in the comments, like everyone I knew. There were like 3 posts and I don't know what they were about or if they had anything to do with Iceland, but they had 24, 50 and 25 comments to them! I think I woke up thinking I had lots of comments, but I hadn't written any recent posts yesterday so that wasn't possible. And no one comments a lot, really, so this isn't possible at all.

I also remember being in the airport terminal and thinking I should buy a guidebook for Iceland so I could see what I wanted to do, besides the ice bar from the Amazing Race.

I guess it must have been a really spontaneous trip to Iceland. But I don't know why I was by myself. Or why if it were so spontaneous, people would be meeting me at the airport to see me off to Iceland. Or how I got a spontaneous trip to Iceland. Or how I actually got to rest and relax in a nice airport lounge.

What do you think this means?

No comments: