Friday, December 03, 2004

Dreaming in Berkeley

Hmm, this is getting to be a regular feature.

I wanted to write last night to say that I found myself on the Blogger recent changes list and that this made me easily amused. However, every time I tried to get a new post, I got Blogger errors and that did not make me easily amused. Oh well.

So last night, I had a vivid dream again. (Why is it that now I can remember my dreams so clearly? I'm not really getting a whole lot more sleep or anything. Is it because I've started writing them down again, so my subconscious is pushing them into my consciousness?) I don't really remember what happened in it besides some blurry recollections of hugs, people I sort of knew returning from trips, something about London and something about a really large gymnasium-type room but it wasn't a gymnasium.

But I remember the fact that it was supposed to be the "new" version of my residential college at Yale. It was renovated (hmm... again?) and was like this mega-complex. The library had tiered floors and tons of tables and was really modern looking, but also very dark. But from one of the rooms you could see into someone else's dorm room, and the building looked like a castle and like an amalgam of all the styles of architecture at Yale. It was incredibly bizarre. It was like at every turn, it was a different style.

When I woke up, most of the dream faded away except for the "new Berkeley College" part. But it made me a little nostalgic, I guess, for walking around campus. Because after I woke up, I found myself remembering what it was like to walk through all the gates with a key card. It's amazing how much of the little things you can remember. I wonder how long that will last.

No comments: