Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Judge For Sale

Check out the story of the Manhattan Housing Court judge who was posted on eBay. I know that I shouldn't laugh about it because I'd be so pissed if I were him, but I can't help but think it's really funny.

Some amusing excerpts:

"The eBay advertisement, titled "Judge for Sale," showed a picture of Judge Klein sitting in a courtroom and grinning at the camera, and then listed a number of accusations criticizing the way the judge dispenses justice. Free worldwide shipping was even included."

Hee. Free shipping.

"Strange things have surfaced before on eBay, some getting sold, others eventually getting pulled: a grilled cheese sandwich with an image of the Virgin Mary burned into it; a ghost; a vote from Ohio; even the Internet itself."

I think I missed the story about the vote from Ohio.

Mr. Durzy also said Judge Klein was listed under the wrong category, maybe a small thing, but another violation nonetheless. Ms. Schoenberg listed her advertisement under the heading "Sporting Goods, Archery, Arrows, Shafts.""

Hee. The fact that the eBay guy even made this remark is funny in itself.

But I mean, the guy does have a right to be frustrated... what can you do when thousands of people have seen you "for sale" on the internet? It definitely destroys any respect a lot of litigants may have for you when they come before you in court, even if it's not your fault.

""Judges are ill equipped to fight eBay," he said, clearly frustrated yesterday afternoon, before the advertisement had been pulled. "How do I fight eBay?"

1 comment:

mrsd said...

"How do I fight eBay?" By being the highest bidder of course! How much is his self worth? ;)