Thursday, December 02, 2004

Dreaming in Malaysia

I think it's weird how when I think "Malaysia," one of the first thoughts that comes to mind (besides the country itself) is Zoolander and the Malaysian Prime Minister. Hmm.

I don't usually remember my dreams anymore. I get too little sleep or it's not very restful or I have to wake up abruptly for school. I don't usually even remember dreaming at all, and if I do, the memory of what the dream was about usually disappears within 30 seconds. This morning, however, I remembered what was in my dream for a good few minutes and luckily spoke it aloud so I could remember it later. I always find the contents of my dreams fascinating. As well as amusing.

So last night, in part of my dream, we were apparently shopping in Malaysia. We were outdoors, it was a wide open space, and it looked like there were just relatively nice street vendors out there. But they weren't like the usual street vendors, they were pretty sophisticated and stylish. So maybe it was more like open air storefronts.

I don't remember any actual action in my dream, I only remember the setting. So I'm sure this isn't very exciting for most, or all, readers. It's just exciting to me because I am trying to re-piece together the visual image.

Anyway, we were shopping in Malaysia, but what was weird was that "Malaysia" was a large rectangular land strip. And if you went across a large highway/boulevard (multi-lane, busy with cars, well paved, flat, straight), you were no longer in Malaysia and I think you were in the States or something. It was just bizarre. And if you're curious, no, I've never set foot in Malaysia in my life.

No real reason for posting about my dream. Just babbling. As usual.

No comments: