Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Gorws

Yes, the subject line is intentionally misspelled.

I'm only up to growing annuities and perpetuities (slow!) but it has occurred to me that on every line, I have misspelled some variation of the word "grow" (grow, grows, growing).

I wonder why:
  • Too tired and can't spell correctly?
  • Fingers too tired from typing for 3 days straight with 5 hours sleep breaks?
  • Eye strain and just can't see what I'm typing?
  • Brain getting full and fried and can't connect with fingers?
  • Fingers improperly programmed at typing variations of the word grow?
[Hmm. Sounds like a string of questions they ask at the beginning of an infomercial before trying to sell you on some miracle treatment. Maybe the sleep number bed would help me.]

All I know is that the more you look at a word, the weirder the shapes of the letters and configuration of the word looks. I'm having that problem with grow. Which now to me no longer looks like it sounds like grow ending in "oh" but grow ending in "oww." Like "brow" from "eyebrow." Hmm.

I went to add in a line above, and then every time I put my cursor in the last paragraph, it would blink there, but then when I started typing it would go back to where I added the line above and type there... even though the cursor was in the last paragraph. Strange.

No comments: