Monday, December 20, 2004

Sights and Sounds

Some things I saw yesterday in the middle of my shopping spree on my first full day in the Tri-State area for break:
  • A truck where the guy painted an American flag on the back window and underneath it, wrote, "WTC - FDNY - NYPD = WAR!!!" I was so disgusted, because I think it's more probable than not that the guy who wrote that was talking about the war in Iraq, not Afghanistan.
  • A girl with a button on her coat that was blue with an American flag that said, "Support President Bush and our troops." Troops, yes, but I don't think it's a certainty that Bush must go along with that troop support.
  • More of those car ribbons - everywhere.
I did a lot of shopping yesterday. I've got some more gift stuff to do this week, but at least I'm jumpstarted on my Christmas shopping way. Off to run some errands/write some cards.

No comments: