Thursday, December 16, 2004

Apprentice 2.15

So it's finally over. Kelly's hired, Jen's fired. Phew.

This season was so terrible that I'm not planning to buy the DVDs unless there's something spectacular on them. And for a TV show where I've watched just about all the episodes, that's something. (As a point of reference, for this season, I am planning for DVDs for Alias 4, 24 4, Lost, Desperate Housewives, Amazing Race 6 whenever they come out.) And this 3 hour final episode was ridiculous - way too long and "Trumpified."

I couldn't stand Jen. She was bitchy, and attacked on a personal level rather than on a business level. She did the bare minimum to get by and then took all the credit for it. Her method of debating was yelling and shrieking. Every time she started yelling, it made me sick.

Kelly was arrogant and I wasn't his biggest fan either. But compared to Jen, I liked one a whole lot more than the other. At least we saw evidence that he actually did something during the competition. Sure, Jen could have been edited negatively, but the editors couldn't make up the actual footage of things she did and said.

It seems like a lot of people who didn't like Jen before all of a sudden like her (or feel bad for her) because of both the audience interviews tonight and her live boardroom performance. Yeah, it must have sucked for her that the audience members interviewed all glowed about Kelly, but that doesn't make me feel bad for her when their opinion was formed based on the things she did and how she acted. And since I didn't like her, I actually thought it was really funny.

And people saying she rocked the live boardroom performance? It was all exaggeration, stretching, puffing. She lied, or stretched the truth, about so much stuff. She rose to the top of her law firm? Last I heard, she wasn't a partner at Clifford Chance, just an associate. (I know, I know, partnership track lengths and such - but she shouldn't say she's at the "top" of the firm if she's really not.) Harvard Law is unmatched? According to who? Has she ever heard of Yale Law? Stanford Law? No way is HLS unmatched. She was the president of her sorority? Oh yay. And it goes on and on. She sounds like Trump... (my show gets the highest ratings, I own Thursday night, I'm the biggest real estate developer in NY, blah blah blah puff puff puff).

So I'm glad Kelly won. If it couldn't be Kevin, Andy or Sandy (besides Elizabeth and Pamela, they're the only people I still remotely like), I guess Kelly will do. (What was Sandy wearing?!)

I can't believe Season 3 is starting so soon. They're clearly going for the Millionaire approach, of overairing the show and running it into the ground. Oh well. I wonder if Season 3 will be any better than Season 2.

1 comment:

Dork said...

Sandy's gorgeous. Only she could have made her outfit look amazingly hot.

Dammit...we'll get married someday!