Monday, December 06, 2004

Will I Ever Be Done

Ooh. I just heard a pretty song on the radio: Ingram Hill's "Will I Ever Make It Home." Very pretty.

I am floundering in securities work. I have no handle on how much progress I have made. Why not? A few reasons.
  1. We have a syllabus, but we didn't stick to it. So I can't measure it in terms of how much of the quarter I've done, because I have no idea.
  2. We have a syllabus with dates on it and class numbers, but not every class number has an assignment and some aren't even listed. So I can't measure it in terms of how many classes I've done, because I have no idea.
  3. We have a textbook that we jumped around, but I don't know the total number of pages we read this quarter. So I can't measure it in terms of pages, because I have no idea.
I don't like having no idea where I am! I like knowing what % I've finished. It makes me feel like I've accomplished something. I'm around page 150 in the textbook but I'm only on the readings assigned for Day 6. But I don't think we did them on Day 6. But it doesn't matter - because I can't calculate it regardless. Bah! I want my calculations! They make me happy and grounded.

Okay, enough griping. Back to investment contracts.

No comments: