Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Decaled Out II

I casually mentioned the ribbon decals in a conversation with my mom on my way home (namely that there are less cars with them in Chicago, and even when you see them, it's like one decal), and she told me that the local CBS news back home had just had a story on the ribbon decals last night. What timing!

Anyway, it seems that some "entrepreneurs" have had the decals made cheaply in Asia and such places and are selling massive amounts of them at high prices, pocketing all the money. The people who originally made the ribbon decals were giving 100% of the revenues to the troops and food pantries and stuff, but most of these people taking advantage of the situation aren't giving any money to any good cause.

Not drawing any more conclusions on the decals, just thought I'd update with some more information. If you missed my earlier ranting about the decals, see this post.

No comments: