Tuesday, July 05, 2005

America

This Independence Day, I burned off the rest of my tickets at Taste, attempted some work, and watched 4 fireworks shows. I have no clue what I did last year, because this blog was not yet in existence and I wasn't updating the other one very often. I just remember that I had the day off from work, and that I had thought about what a great view of the East River the office had.

I had 9 tickets left for Taste, so we got 3 taste portions. Another salad from Grill on the Alley. Some fish nuggets from Frank's, same place as the hush puppies. And a garlic-mozzarella bread from this place near Comiskey. It was good. (I tried uploading a picture, but Blogger Images wasn't working. I wonder if Blogger is trying to tell me to blog less in the days leading up to the bar. Nah.)

I also watched an absurd amount of fireworks. I saw the live ones at Navy Pier tonight from my window, which had some fireworks that they've never used before (red and green double circles, some fan-like ones, and the exploding stars they've only used once before). I watched the Capitol Fourth on PBS. And the Macy's spectacular on NBC. And then the Boston display on CBS (although I missed part of that to watch Navy Pier, and when I returned was very confused at the modern non-patriotic pop music). Lots and lots of fireworks. This doesn't even include the fireworks shows that I watched last night and the night before from my window. I'm a little obsessed.

But unfortunately, all of these Independence Day activities mean that I didn't do much bar work. I have gone through almost 15% of the explanatory answers for the simulated MBE, and I was hoping to have gotten through more. (I'm not only reading the ones I got wrong, but all of them, hoping it will drill some rules into my head to help with the essays.) Time to go pull out my secured transactions/commercial paper outline for tomorrow's class and then do a couple more review MBE questions. At least tomorrow's something familiar (the ST part, anyway). I'm actually surprised that I remember a fair amount of secured transactions since the exam was way back in December 2003. But considering the fact that Barbri considers secured transactions a "garbage topic," that's not worth much.

Tomorrow, I resolve to get back onto the routine that I left behind a week or so ago. Need to be disciplined and I need to step it up. I gave myself the time off that I said I would, and now it's time to get back to business.

No comments: