Monday, July 11, 2005

Phones

So I called Barbri about the commercial paper thing.

But I had to generalize the question and make it about "one of the lectures that only covered half of the stuff in the book; do I need to know the rest?"

Because otherwise, it might be too much of a substantive question. And you can only ask substantive questions on Sundays from 10-2. And maybe next week they're going to open the phone lines all week.

Well, I sure hope they do! It's the last week before the bar; don't you think people are going to be calling you for help after they spent so much money taking the course?

Besides, 4 hours a week to take questions? Are you kidding me? And that's useless to me this week, as I'll be at PMBR.

The other question I have got shot down as substantive though: "Your essay workshops say not to mention case names. The conflicts lecturer made a pretty big deal out of 2 case names. Do we need to know them and should they be mentioned?"

Call back Sunday.

I can't help but laugh at the situation, because on the video today, they made this big deal about, "if you have a question, just call us up!" They forgot to mention that only applies to Sundays!

Anyway, about the commercial paper thing, or rather "the subject where the lecture covered half," they told me not to really worry about the rest. I can read it, but it's only important to know what was in the lecture. Well that's good, because the rest of the chapter is just words to me. It doesn't make any sense. So I'm just going to leave it. I don't care about it anymore. I can print out my chart and move on. To conflicts of law. Which the professor was nice enough to tell us was tested just last year, so there's not a high likelihood it will be on the exam. Well, that's great. Since I understand it a LOT more than commercial paper!

No comments: