Sunday, July 10, 2005

Commercials

I am feeling much hostility toward commercial paper.

After yesterday's machine-like productivity, I was hoping to achieve similar results today, but was a little too tired and burnt-out and irritated to get as much done. I did some MBEs, and then figured I'd get the commercial paper outline out of the way. After all, the lecture was really straight-forward and it didn't seem like a terribly long topic.

But... nothing is ever so simple.

Our commercial paper lecture covered the first half of the Barbri materials, so reviewing that all made sense. The entire second half of the Barbri chapter, which we never even heard of in lecture, makes less sense to me than wills & trusts. (That's saying something!) What the hell is all that crap, where is it supposed to go in the grand scheme of commercial paper, and do we even have to know it? If we do indeed have to know all those stupid little details, why weren't they in the lecture? This is stupid and ridiculous.

Very, very hostile. Maybe I'll call Barbri tomorrow and ask them about it. Although I'm sure I'll get some BS answer like, "the lecture only covered the basic structure of commercial paper and it would be good to be familiar with everything," blah blah blah. Maybe calling them is not worth my time. Maybe studying commercial paper also isn't worth my time. Since the non-lecture portion doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. It even prompted me to yell at the CMR, "I just don't get this and right now I don't f*!$ing care!" Yeah... losing it today.

Added to the hostility, we called maintenance earlier tonight to get them to fix some lightbulbs that burned out and a clogged shower drain. It's now 3 hours later, and I want to take a shower. They still haven't come yet, so we called them only to find out they can't come tonight anyway. Well, that would have been nice to know. So I wouldn't have been sitting here irritated, feeling like I was being held back from taking a shower when I really don't have the time to be accommodating someone else's schedule. Now who knows when they're going to come. I hate it when people are in my apartment without some present, but not much choice.

Phew. Felt good to rant. Although I'm sure it's not pleasant to read. Sorry. :)

It just sucks though, because I feel like I wasted all of today. I could have gotten so much more done if I had done Torts or something, and that's more important than commercial paper. But no... I picked something small, thinking I could get it out of the way easily and it's turning into a monster of a topic that I want to rip to shreds in the CMR. Sigh.

Of course, now that I've given up on commercial paper, it will probably be in an essay. Always happens that way.

At least Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone was on ABC Family tonight. Hogwarts makes everything better.

No comments: