Saturday, July 23, 2005

Resting

Sitting in the living room, I realize there's another reason why I can never study at home in NY. The neighbors here throw backyard parties every weekend. Right now, there's lots of nice bass streaming in through the wall. Luckily, I figured I wouldn't get much done once I got to NY so I'm not as frustrated as I could be. I guess I've sort of reached this calm stage. I know there's more I need to do, and I'm going to do it, but I'm sort of in a shoulder-shrugging que sera sera mode. I suppose that's good.

On the plane today, I had an experience that made me give evil glares at someone. I was getting out of my row and opened the overhead bin to take down my carry-on, and this man pushed past me. Now this wouldn't be a big deal if there were room in the aisle, but I had my backpack on, which was the width of the aisle. So he seriously pushed past me. As if I had no right to get out (even though I was in an earlier row), and how dare I waste his time by taking down my suitcase. Please.

Then he stood in front of me while I was still taking down my carry-on and tried to motion to the guy who had been behind him and traveling with him to try to get him to go around me too. (Keep in mind, I am in the process of taking down my suitcase at this point. Large heavy object. All I could think was, "I am not responsible if you get hit for pushing past me!") The guy hesitated, then decided to try, until I turned and shot him this look like, "don't even think about it." He didn't.

The other guy was waiting outside the plane for him, so impatient, bouncing up and down. I wondered if they had an urgent connection, but if they did, the flight attendants would have gotten them out first. Instead they were just pushy. I couldn't away from them either. I saw them everywhere. At the escalators when they stood in front of them, trying to figure out whether to go up or down. On the curb outside the baggage pick-up. And in such a rush... they were still standing there when I left. Ha.

You know, music bass really annoys me. But it's worse in the apartment. Here, at least I hear all the music and know I can't avoid it. In the apartment, all I hear and feel are the vibrations and the beat. That's more annoying. But still, this pounding music is probably going to give me a headache.

Okay, off to watch more SG-1 and do some random MBEs. Had some yummy chocolate ice cream. Nice. :)

No comments: