Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Searching

More searches to get here:

Pasilla lime chicken cosi
It's a really yummy sandwich. I wasn't going to get it originally, but the guy had made a sandwich for sampling, and I just couldn't pass it up. Yum. I love Cosi.

Playing in the rain
It's supposed to rain today, but I do not have any time to play in the rain, even if I wanted to. But I don't, because I feel like I'm getting sick, and that would just make things worse.

Sucker teen movies
Not sure exactly what this means. I kind of like teen movies though. But "sucker teen movies"?

Printouts of clothes for bears
I have no clue how this led to me. I got nothing.

What is a good score on the Barbri simulated MBE
Well, according to the Barbri people, the average was 105. Honestly, I don't even know what I'm supposed to get in order to pass. I'm shooting for "the best that I can" to balance out the essays.

Sweet Tarts Chicks Ducks and Bunnies
My favorite! And they only come out around Easter. (I love Easter candy - it's all the best flavors! Especially the Skittles.) I wish I had bags leftover to bring as my "quiet snack" for the bar.

MIA crayon
Yeah, that's me. MIA from friends & family because of the damn bar exam.

New diet pepsi commercial hot guy stayin' alive
Never seen it. Well, I probably have, but I don't remember it.

E-ring Chinese bruckheimer TV
E-Ring is on NBC in the fall. But I have no idea what this has to do with Chinese?

Twenty minutes sleep
More commonly referred to as power napping, a daily activity of mine. I'd rather not, but if I didn't, I wouldn't make it through the evening.

Budweiser Clydesdales trailers and trucks pictures
The Clydesdales are gorgeous. I want one. But why trailers and trucks? I don't understand.

Then the other assorted Barbri ones, like "Barbri NY 2005 Paced Program" or "Barbri Corporations essay." And more people searching for Carly Patterson's butt - what the HECK is up with that? And the whole "Marissa yawning" thing keeps coming up too.

I don't know why I'm watching Emeril make a vanilla and bourbon marinated pork loin. I don't like vanilla and I don't eat pork loin. I should really get to work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course, by posting the random search terms you get, you increase the likelihood of searches on those terms pointing here....

Plus, if it's Google (I dunno other search engines, altho likely it's the same), then anyone who may have linked to your page, even without your knowledge, can affect the terms that cause your page to appear.

Marissa said...

I know. :) But that's why I stopped putting a particular show's theme song in the list, since it's still coming up a few times a day.

How does the linking thing work? I have no idea how it all fits together. What I do know is that more often, Google seems to link to the monthly archive page, but Yahoo more often will pull up an individual post. No idea how all this works, though. :)

Anonymous said...

I dunno the specific techniques each is using, so I can only give a partial answer for Google, and even then only use vague generalities. They come up with a PageRank (TM) (I wanna say they have a patent for the method) score for each page after the query, so the results you see are in order of their rank. Things like the number of incoming links matter, as do the specific sites that link to you -- an authority (determined by the number of similar links to that site) counts for more than a random page nobody else seems to know about, for instance.

It's all part of the field of information retrieval which is itself often considered a subfield of (natural) language processing. I can find some conference papers on it if you'd like ;)