Friday, July 15, 2005

Counting

PMBR exam done. Didn't feel that great during the exam, mostly because I was hungry, then cold, then a fly (just like the ones on my window) landed on my arm and then when I got the courage to flick it off, it went onto my book and wouldn't leave, and that was a mess. It was weird to recognize questions straight out of the Red Book, especially since I've only done 10-15 questions per subject from the Red Book. Maybe they were all repeats? Maybe that's why the girl next to me was done after an hour each session.

Apparently, I did the best in crim. On the Barbri exam, I did the worst in crim. The greatest part of this is that I have not studied crim at all between the Barbri exam and the PMBR exam, and didn't go to the Barbri simulated MBE crim review either. I have no idea how that happened.

But, let's just say that getting far below 50% on property has scared me enough that I might pick up property and go through it soon.

And another thing I learned from self-grading my PMBR test - I can't count. I counted the check marks when I first totaled it up, and then went back to do a subject breakdown. So I copied the check marks from the answer sheet onto the backs of the question booklets where they have the question breakdown by subject. And then I tried to tally up the number right in each subject.

Morning session first. The totals by subject didn't match the total for the session. Went back, re-tallied. Got different numbers. And also realized that I read the marks for 7 as 12 instead. Wishful thinking. (I did the same thing for the one below it. I read 8 as 13.) Afternoon session wasn't much better. Also got an incorrect total. And then when I recounted, almost all the numbers changed.

What is my problem? How hard is it to count the number of check marks per subject, especially when you're making marks on paper as you're going through it? This is pathetic. PMBR really should give us a scantron they can run through a machine, so we can get score reports like Barbri. Then I wouldn't have to worry about the fact that I can no longer count.

No comments: