Monday, July 11, 2005

Graveyard

I'm not even going to count the number of times I say or think "eww" while writing this post.

I have written a few posts about the bugs on the window of the apartment. I heard on the local news that the pesky flies hatch from eggs in the river, but they die easily. Well, not until they've attached themselves to my window, they don't.

Unfortunately, my window has become a new graveyard for flies. It's kind of scary and I hope there's no holes in between the window frame so they start sneaking in.

Here's what appears to have happened. A spiderweb has appeared (over the past couple of weeks) between the window and the screen, and while at first, there were only a couple of flies stuck to the web, now there's got to be about twenty. All in various forms and all stuck. I'm so disgusted. I hate spiders, and I hate their webs, and I hate their eggs, and I hate the little spiders that emerge from the egg thingy to terrorize my life. Yes, I am not a fan of Charlotte's Web. The end with saving the baby spiders scares the crap out of me.

But I do wonder... the spider that I sucked up in the vacuum. I wonder if that was his web, and now they're all just stuck there and rotting, not even getting eaten. Ugh, this whole thing is grossing me out. Besides the fact that outside of the web, there's at least 10-20 other flies on the window. This is disgusting. I wish the window washers would come and exterminate all these bugs. I'm not big on killing things, but I love my exterminator at home. He's my friend. Especially when he kills bugs for me while on his extermination visits.

Ewwwww. I really hate the flies. I see their little slit-like bodies all over the window and I just get chills up and down my spine. And people wonder why I never open the windows! (Of course, now I have A/C going, but before? Nope, no windows. I'll open the door to the hallway first.)

Okay, I have to get back to my misspelled conflicts outline and stop thinking about the bugs. But I saw that web and just had to report about how disgusting it was. (It's also very strange, because it's not in a corner between the window and the screen. It's right in the horizontal middle of the window.) *shudder*

2 comments:

Law Fairy said...

I now have chills down my spine. I hate hate hate hate HATE spiders. Just thinking about them gives me the chills. Right after I moved into the building I had a colony of spiders on my window and at night (since my room had a city view at the time) I could see giant spider shadows on the wall and it creeped me out. ew ew ew ew EW!!!

Marissa said...

Yeah, they were so frightening and disgusting at the same time. It always amazed me that those super-huge spiders could survive 40 stories up, but they did, spinning those huge scary webs.

I haven't seen them this year and I can't say I miss them!