Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Watching

It's not a good feeling to watch the moon cross the entire length of your windows while you're working on one bar subject.

I finished Wills. I made my way through Estate Tax, even if I didn't understand half of it. I get the basic idea of the marital deduction, but once it gets down to anything specific, my brain just puts up a wall. When it's a minute point about estate tax, it's just best to move on. So that outline is complete. And all that's left is property.

It's 3 am and I am supposed to be asleep now. But the problem is that instead of taking a shower at a decent hour, I didn't end up taking a shower until 1 am, which woke me up, and here I am, starting a horrible sleep schedule the week before the bar. Really bright. This whole stay up late into the night thing, combined with the time zone change, is really going to be great next Tuesday when I need to eat breakfast at 6 freaking AM. Sigh. Not to mention that waking up late means I'm getting less done during business hours, which makes me push off errands I need to do, and I really need to call the travel agent, seeing as how I plan to be returning from vacation a month from now. This procrastination on my part is truly unacceptable.

But instead of blogging, I should really be trying to make myself sleep. So I'm going to type up property stuff until I feel myself dozing off, which shouldn't be long since I'm typing about the Rule Against Perpetuities. Nothing like old useless English law to put you to sleep.

No comments: