Thursday, July 14, 2005

Languishing

Another day, a lot more to do.

I took part in my last real fun activity before the bar and went to the Cubs game. Got really exhausted from the heat, feel asleep during savasana at yoga, and am half-asleep now. But it was worth it. But having now been to Wrigley, I must say... it's more like a frat party than a baseball game. I'm more familiar with ballparks where people actually watch the game, with 2-out 2-strikes cheering and whatnot. I don't think half the people in the bleachers were even paying attention. So strange to me that so many people would go to a baseball game, not really intending to watch at all. Oh well. It was fun.

But before the game, it was the last class of Barbri - ever! Yay! Unfortunately, it was federal jurisdiction, and I sat through those 3 hours completely bored out of my mind. It was so bad that there are doodles and drawings on every single page of notes, and by the next to the last page, I was just so restless and bored that I started drawing on top of the handout paragraphs and not just around them. (Reminding me of 2nd grade where we put together a literary book as a class, and people drew pictures on top of other people's stories to illustrate them.) I'm not sure if it was because I knew there were more fun things to be done, because I just don't like civil procedure, or because I actually vaguely remembered all these concepts from law school and just didn't know the nitpicky details. But it took forever.

And the very last story we got in Barbri was the permanent erection story. Great. And... it took until the very last day of Barbri but we finally got those "if those people can pass the bar, so can you" stories. It came from the Barbri director man, and it was about an exam 15 years ago in a state other than NY. So not really directly relevant to us. But I wondered if, unlike CA, we'd make it out of Barbri without any of those stories at all. I guess not. But we only got 1 or 2, and on the very last day. For that reason, it wasn't so bad. They were the guy's "parting words" to us. Ha.

My outlines are going so much more slowly than they should. To keep myself accountable, I redid my whiteboard, to now show the outlines I've done, the outlines that still need to be done, and my (barely existent) progress in the PMBR red book - complete with questions done, questions right and % right (sigh, they need software...). And I might as well put the outline list here too, just in case I accidentally erase my whiteboard or something:

Agency
Commercial paper
Conflicts of law
Constitutional law
Contracts/sales/leases
Corporations
Criminal law
Criminal procedure
Domestic relations
Equity
Evidence
Federal jurisdiction *
Mortgages
No-fault insurance
NY Practice
Partnership
Personal property
Professional responsibility
Real property *
Secured transactions
Torts
Trusts
Wills & estate tax
Workers compensation

(Those marked with a * are the ones for which I have nothing inputed into the computer at all, not even a framework with the notes.)

Hmm. I'm in trouble. I better get back to corporations.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that seems like a lot of subjects! Are some of those subsets of the same subjects, or are they each separate? Just curious.

Congrats on getting out and going to the game - sounds like tons of fun! :)

Marissa said...

We did some of the subjects in conjunction with others, like no-fault with torts, etc. but they're all separate in the CMR and on our subject frequency chart. Luckily, some of them like no-fault and workers comp are really short, like 5 pages or less in the CMR which is nice. And Barbri calls a whole bunch of them, like secured transactions, "garbage topics." Less chance of it showing up in an essay, but it could show up in the NY MCs. Of course, that doesn't excuse me from still having property and torts to do, and procrastinating on those. :)