Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Thundering

Well, this makes me not really want to study.

It's pouring outside. The dark ominous clouds are racing across the sky. The thunder and lightning hasn't stopped, and the thunder keeps echoing around all corners of the apartment. I love watching thunderstorms from inside. I always try to get photos of lightning (never happens), but there's just something about the power of the storm that makes it so intriguing to watch.

Needless to say, I've been stationed in front of my windows ever since it started to get dark. One minute, it was dark. The next, there were long gray lines extending from the clouds to the ground moving rapidly across the horizon. Those lines... that was the rain.

There was a brief respite from the thunder and lightning when I started typing this, but now visibility's pretty bad again and I can barely see across the river. The storm's red on the Weather Channel maps. It's a good one.

Luckily, I did about 50 MBEs this morning, so that if the storm lasts all day, the day won't entirely have gone to waste. But it should be gone pretty soon... and I have a lot of essay stuff to do, not to mention getting in touch with my travel agent.

Bellowing thunder is calling me back to my window perch. Maybe I'll have some pictures of dark clouds later. And it's not like I could work anyway, with the constant thunder...

No comments: