Monday, July 04, 2005

Inbox

In my "breaks" from bar studying, I've started cleaning out my school email inbox. I think it will still be usable until September or October, but between the bar, apartment searching and moving, I don't think I'll have much time to go through it. Brings back memories from the year I graduated undergrad when I rushed to forward 3000 messages to my law school account so I wouldn't lose them from my undergrad account, and I hadn't had a chance to save them before that. (They're still in my law school account, not yet saved.)

So, I figured I'd start now, since it's hard to get work done with all the July 4th festivities on TV and my neighbors are having a party. (I think the old loud music Neighbor seems to have lightened up with the music and now my other, usually not loud neighbor is taking over. They've had a lot of loud bass going and been throwing a lot of parties lately. Great. Obviously, they're not studying for the bar.)

And while going through emails and reliving September and October 2002, I found this. An excerpt from an October 1st email, one of the first few days of law school:

"anyway, i need to go back to property. i'm reading this case about a guy who used hounds to chase a fox, and some other guy intercepted the fox and shot it in front of the 1st guy. the court is deciding who really gets the fox. we have a writing assignment due monday. a guy hit peacocks while driving on a road."

My, how far we've come.

No comments: