Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Mirror Mirror

The radio station playing at the gym is often a mix station that in the 3-4 pm hour, always has some sort of challenge. Like, for example, yesterday's: "By doing this, people eat 22% less fat."

And then they have people call up with their guesses. I don't know what you win or if you win anything at all, but it's usually pretty interesting. They also give you clues throughout the hour, and the last clue yesterday was, "who's the fairest of them all?"

So, what was the answer? By hanging a mirror in front of the table where you eat, you consume 22% less fat. (Of course, on hearing the clue, I, for some reason, thought the answer would be to eat an apple a day.)

I wonder if the same thing would work for bar studying. If I hung a mirror on the wall, would I be 22% more productive? If I had to watch myself procrastinating, would that make me work more?

No comments: