Monday, July 18, 2005

Waiting

As I sit here listening to the hold music on the Dell support line (which is putting me to sleep because it is after 1 am), a few things have occurred to me:

I wasted a lot of paper during law school. And I have so much more paper to get through in the big box that it's kind of ridiculous.

I don't like throwing away paper if I can use it again. That's why I used to print doublesided in high school and sometimes in college. But since time was a little more crucial in law school, especially first year, I guess I just printed lots and used lots of paper. So wasteful. But now, for all my Barbri stuff, I've been using those sheets of paper and printing on the reverse sides.

So the first few outlines turned out to be on the back of Civ Pro II lectures & case briefs. Once the civ pro sheets were exhausted, everything was printed on the back of crim notes & briefs. Now that the amount of crim paper in the printer is winding down, it's time to go back to the big box and empty out some more paper. What better time to do it than when I'm on the phone with Dell?

Only problem is that this is one of those giant sized moving boxes. And honestly, I've gone through about 1/10 of the box and my back is starting to hurt. So I guess it's back to Fed Jur instead. Is anyone even there on the Dell support line? Or am I wasting my time? I would call during the day but I don't want to use my land line because there's a good chance that the battery will run out before anyone comes to rescue me from hold. Maybe I should start ranting and raving and cursing, since they apparently listen to you sometimes while you're on hold. Maybe if I start complaining about Dell...

Anyway, back to the paper. I've emptied the paper garbage can, completely full, about 3 or 4 times since my big paper purge the night of the Barbri simulated MBE. Clearly, as I am supposed to be adding things to my brain from Barbri, I want to get rid of paper from my surroundings. I guess it's necessary

[I have no idea how I was going to finish that sentence because Dell picked up. But I'm glad they did. I got a really nice rep, who is going to solve all my problems for me.]

Well, it seems I've gotten a good amount of non-bar essential stuff done today. Cleaned out some papers, de-cluttered the couch, called Dell & got results, etc. I can only hope tomorrow will be as productive!

But about the Dell thing, what I am sad about is that my cell phone cut out during my conversation with my rep. He was really nice, and I was going over my reference numbers and in the middle, my cell phone reception just cut out! I mean, I'm glad it didn't cut out in the middle of the call, but it was so close to the end of the call that I feel really bad that I couldn't thank the guy enough for all of his help. He really was more helpful than most people I've spoken to on the phone before for service, especially the one who sounded like she didn't want to replace my power cord after it went up in smoke. Good thing the transaction was almost done and he'd already sent out the email with the information about the order. It has his name and his rep #. If everything goes really well, I'll send Dell a nice letter about how helpful he was. It will be nice to write a nice letter to a company for once, instead of one about rotten customer service, which seems to have been the theme for many other letters I've had to write/draft. But part of me was wishing that he was going to call back and I could say a proper thanks for his help. I don't know why I'm obsessing over this, but it's like 2 am and I am. I guess this is what happens during bar studying.

And now I'm a little more awake. I was falling asleep with the hold music before, but now, having gotten this taken care of, I'm a little more rejuvenated. I guess my plans of sleeping and then waking up early are gone. I guess I'll work on Fed Jur a little more (blech). Or I could back up my old computer ...

No comments: