Saturday, July 16, 2005

Arguing

Got home from PMBR (which I thought was useful), and had a most unwelcome surprise in the mail.

Something from the university parking office. I opened it up, figuring that they were probably going to tell me that my parking permit had to be returned soon, but it was worse than that. Apparently, since I have not renewed my parking permit and have not returned my access card, I will "continue to be billed" until I return it. Notification was dated 7/15 and apparently the expiration date was 6/30.

Immediately, my blood pressure goes up. I remembered that the school's post-graduation info had said that we could validly park until August. But I'm too lazy to check my car's actual permit (that would require walking all the way to the garage and I just got home and I'm hot and I don't want to go back out there), so I don't know what it says. But I think about what I'm going to say when I call them up:

"I received your letter that my parking pass expired. However, in reliance upon information given to us by the Law School that our parking permits are valid until August 1, I have not returned the parking pass. You can't bill me for it! We were told specifically that we could use it over the summer! Don't you DARE!"

Yeah, it went from a rational message to shouting. Not good to think about these things this week.

But I'm going to wait until I figure out what the pass on the car actually says. If it doesn't say 6/30, then they're just idiots. And if I have to call them, they're not going to be there anyway this late on a summer Saturday afternoon. Stupid letter! I was planning on coming home and being productive. Don't they know I don't have time for this crap? (This is becoming a more and more commonly used refrain...)

Grr. Also in the mail was an ad from a cajun restaurant about their 3 course $12.99 specials. I want to go. :(

And there is nothing on TV. Saturdays have such bad TV when there are no movies on that are good. At least later on today, the L&O marathons will start up again so I have something to keep that part of my brain busy.

No comments: