Thursday, July 21, 2005

Recognizing

It just doesn't seem right that I can recognize fonts in newsletters, but that I can't remember the most basic rules of criminal procedure. For example, I'm on the Lost newsletter list (well, Oceanic Airlines, but basically the same) and I recognize the font as Georgia. But I seriously messed up a crim pro rule earlier today, and as a result, got many NY MC questions wrong. For some reason, I was convinced that a defendant had a right to counsel at all line-ups. I think it was because Whitebread had kept repeating something about line-ups, but not photographs, and that part stuck in my head. But no, no right to counsel at pre-accusatory, investigatory line-ups unless you request counsel or the police know you have a lawyer. I think now that I've made a big deal of this rule, I will remember it.

I've decided what I need to do in order to not go insane. I know that during the actual exam, there's really no breaks in the middle, but I'm not taking the exam right now. I'm trying to get things to sink in to my brain. So between every chunk of work (every couple sets of MC questions, every essay, etc.), I think I'm going to stop and clean out some paper. It works wonders to calm my mind, and whatever I "learned" in the "session" before is probably making its way into my memory. Or so I hope/believe.

I just threw out some expired supermarket coupons and brochures that I got from the Taste of Chicago. It felt good. Moving on to partnership now. :)

No comments: