Monday, July 11, 2005

Risotto

Working on conflicts stuff before my 5 minute nap, I couldn't stop falling asleep. Working on conflicts stuff after my 5 minute nap, I can't seem to get the word contacts right. It's like there's a split between what I read, what I understand and what I type.

For example: before, I was typing "conduct" instead of "contact." Now, working on conflicts over pizza, I realized I've been typing "contents" instead of "contacts."

Not a huge deal and easily correctable, except for the fact that I notice it when I'm halfway down the page past the mistake. So, maybe it's more than a split between reading and typing. My brain is obviously working on really slow motion. That's bad for the exam...

Ha. Emeril just said that when you're making a risotto, you've got to keep stirring. Doesn't matter if "the mailman's at the door; he'll come back." My first thought? I guess you can't make risotto while studying for the bar. Not that I've ever actually made risotto. I wish I had time to cook a really nice meal. Maybe after the bar. Except after the bar, it's the last chance restaurants time in Chicago. So maybe not. :)

No comments: