Tuesday, May 17, 2005

ABC

ABC didn't present a terrible schedule. It looks like they want to try to be competitive every night of the week (except Saturday, but who watches on Saturdays anymore?). But I can't help but wonder if they're screwing themselves over by playing around with all the time slots and days. I guess this will all be a lot clearer once all the other networks present their upfronts and everyone can look at the overall grid... but I'm still upset about the loss of the JJ combo.

What did I watch on ABC this year?
  • Lost
  • Alias
  • Desperate Housewives
  • Boston Legal
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • Eyes
Except for Eyes (sigh), they're all coming back (but that was known long long ago). ABC is doing well, but they didn't even give Eyes a chance in another time slot. It was a creative show, but they just didn't care. Oh well. (Personally, I'm more upset about the Contender and Jack & Bobby, but this isn't great either.)

Monday (2005)
Wife Swap: Is this the Nanny 911/Trading Spouses slot? It's like the dysfunctional family hour. I like this show though, but I'm not sure the ratings will be as good on Mondays because of the MNF problem. (See: The Benefactor - in some regions, it's played after MNF which seems problematic.)
MNF: It'll do fine. :)

Monday (2006)
The Bachelor: Why hasn't this been cancelled yet?? Please.
Emily's Reasons Why Not: Sounds okay, but not overly compelled by the description.
Jake in Progress: Never really wanted to watch this based on the promos, and don't really care that it's coming back.
What About Brian: I'll check this out for a couple of reasons. It's a JJ show, and it sounds like it could be an interesting show. And it's different from its time slot competition - doesn't sound like there's very much crime. :)

Tuesday
According to Jim: Don't really watch it. It's amusing, but other stuff is on then (for me).
Rodney: Don't watch.
Commander-in-Chief: Female president drama... could be interesting, could be boring, could be good drama, could be preachy. Who knows.
Boston Legal: Against SVU... hmm. But we were all hoping Blind Justice would get cancelled and it would get this time slot this season, so I suppose this is good.

Wednesday
George Lopez: Why is comedy a lead-in for Lost?
Freddie: Again, why is comedy a lead-in for Lost? Not compelled by this new comedy.
Lost: Why couldn't you leave Wednesdays alone, ABC? What's your problem?? But I'll be there for Lost. Can't skip it.
Invasion: Another of the Lost copycats. But it sounds like it could be interesting - aliens living among us. I'll wait for a promo/the first episode. It's not like I watch anything else here (except for Eyes... grr.) I want my Wednesday drama night back! Bitter.

Thursday
Alias: I love Alias, and this makes me scared. On the one hand, it's good, a vote of confidence. On the other hand, it could get slaughtered by Survivor and that could doom another season of the show. (And that would be horrible.) This really makes me nervous. But I'll be watching.
The Night Stalker: Eh, I know they're going for "spooky" but unless the promo or reviews draw me, it doesn't sound like it's all that different from a lot of movies out there.
Primetime Live: Don't watch.

Friday
Supernanny: Don't watch.
Hope & Faith: Amusing, but usually don't watch it. (I'm sorry, I watch the Sci-Fi channel on Fridays, except for Numb3rs.)
Hot Properties: Trying too hard to be the new Sex and the City. And honestly, I bet a lot of the people who want to live the SATC life aren't home on Friday nights.
20/20: Don't watch.

Sunday (the only thing that stayed the same!)
Extreme Makeover Home Edition: Cute, but stopped watching for Contender.
Desperate Housewives: Will own this time slot again.
Grey's Anatomy: Will probably own this time slot again too.

That's it from me about ABC. I think NBC has a much worse schedule than ABC (like this year), but ABC is mixing things up a lot. We'll see how it goes. I want my Alias!

No comments: