Saturday, May 28, 2005

Tre

Maybe it's my lack of sleep that makes me more affected by Neighbor's behavior. He couldn't have waited 1.5 hours until my test was done to send his crappy bass through the walls?

Granted, it's lower than the time when I almost put my fist through the wall and exploded on this blog in a string of expletives. But it's still pretty damn audible in my living room, to the point where Frank Sinatra had to be taken off of my iTunes, and I had to put on other louder music to try to distract my ears from his crap.

I put my ear to the wall and it didn't sound as bad as some of the other days. But it felt worse in the living room than it should have with the bass at that level. And then I realized what the problem probably is. He probably has his windows open. So not only are the vibrations coming through the walls, but they're circling around on the airwaves outside the window and attacking from that direction as well.

I know this is what happens with apartments. If it had always been at this level, I might not have been so angry, and might just think of it as an annoyance to my sensitivities. But playing his bass at those asshole levels for consecutive days (and at obscene hours) in the past eliminated any patience I ever had and would ever have for him again. I imagine this is why I harbor so much ill-will toward that VW commercial.

But now that time's actually winding down on this exam and I really do have to work, I'm going to hope that listening to Aslyn, Astaire and the Backstreet Boys drown out his idiocy.

No comments: