Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Dix

My exam starts in less than 2 hours. I'll be on my way to school in less than an hour. I haven't finished reading all the cases yet... and I probably won't, but I've read all the rules and my MPRE outline. It was strange how easily all the rules flooded back into my head from November... I didn't expect that. Now, I'm not claiming that I know everything on the topic or am 100% ready, but I'm familiar with it. :)

But back to the point... the exam is in less than 2 hours... and I am watching boxing on the internet.

Yeah, you read right. I'm watching boxing on Yahoo TV.

Not just any boxing, but the fan favorites matches from the Contender. Unfortunately the match-ups I really want to see come after I'm driving to school or taking the exam (Ishe and Anthony - thank goodness for the switch - are while I'm driving; Tarick and Jimmy are when the exam starts). But I'm getting to watch part of the Jeff-Brent match.

And I don't even like boxing when it's normally on TV. I think it's just knowing the backstories, seeing the people on TV, having some investment in them... it just makes the matches so much more interesting. Even without the music, the slo-mo shots, the instant replays.... this isn't bad to watch. Maybe I just don't like heavyweight boxing which is what I always seem to see on TV.

Not really rooting for anyone specific in these matches, except for Ishe over Anthony. And then when it comes to the 3d place undercard and the finals... I loved all 4 guys who made it to the last round. I just hope they fight well and no one gets seriously injured, that's all. How rare is it to find a final round on a reality show where you actually like everyone?

Time to dry my hair, finish watching the match and pack up. Without the on-screen subtitling, I don't have any idea what round they're up to or how much time has gone by. I still have a lot to learn about boxing. :) It's just sad that there won't be a Contender 2.

Oh, funny, they're putting little insets, like PIP, of the relatives/girlfriends of the boxers. Nice. :)

I still can't believe I'm watching boxing on the internet... mere hours before an exam. I hadn't even planned to... I just went to the Yahoo Contender site to see if there was info on the 3d place match-up and found out just how early the fights were starting. What can I say? I love the show. :)

No comments: