Sunday, May 01, 2005

Earplugs of Nothing

My inconsiderate neighbors need to learn a simple concept called volume control.

I have complained about this before, when they played their subwoofer at inappropriate times (2 am, 6:30 am). I'm generally a little more okay with it (although annoyed) during the day, since they're generally waking hours, and take methods to try to cope.

But I hear their ******* subwoofer over my ******* earplugs.

Through 2 acoustically insulated walls.

Now that is not acceptable. I have at least 3 white noise appliances going and have earplugs on, yet I still hear the bass beat of their subwoofer.

Are people really that clueless about what people can hear on the other side of the wall?

I realize that they just might not care (prior incidents as support for this hypothesis), but can they really be that dumb?

I guess with a certain someone in the White House and Scott still on American Idol, the answer clearly is yes, they could. But please, are you really telling me people aren't smart enough to realize that their loud noises can be heard across a wall where other people live? They're that ******* oblivious?

Yes, I am feeling rage. No, I will not apologize for it.

******* idiots.

*breathe*

And to think I was actually attempting to work. Maybe I should go shove their ******* subwoofer up their ******* asses.

That would make me feel so much better, don't you think?

I don't want to resort to noise warfare. I don't want to have to repeatedly call security. I don't want to have to pound down their door to ask them to lower the volume only to find that they left the machine on and they're not home (they don't answer the phone). I don't want to have to have it out with them when it comes time to study for the bar, when time is actually so crucial that I refuse to deal with their inconsiderate ****. But if I have to, I will.

Okay, enough vulgarity for one post [ETA: starred; I am sure you can figure it out]. I was in a nice productive mood today, despite 2 episodes of Sex and the City, and their lack of consideration has severely impaired my focus. I wish they had one of those remote TV shut-off devices for subwoofers. They should make them - since subwoofers in multi-unit buildings are largely nuisances. If they had one, I'd be first on line to get it. And for the record, I hate that commercial (what is it? VW?) with the people jumping on the floor and buying subwoofers. I'm glad they eventually wise up and get a house so they can do that, but that commercial just brings too many bad memories.

No comments: