Saturday, May 28, 2005

Cinque

I'm a real person again! Exams are over!

It's finally hit me. :)

And it feels good.

Took a (very) long hot shower after handing in the exam. Walked outside to the bus stop to catch a bus to meet Alvin's family for dinner and I was just giddy about having my life back. I took about 20 pictures of the buildings, the clouds, the setting sun... anything. It felt good to know that my photography hobby, dormant for the longest time except at restaurants, hasn't died. It used to be that I could fill an entire 512 mb memory card walking around the city for a day. I miss those days.



Dinner was at Kamehachi, a Japanese restaurant with multiple branches in Chicago. This one was in Old Town; the one we'd been to before is the one within walking distance of our apartment in Streeterville. The sushi at Kamehachi is quite good. And considering my sushi craving (the last 2 food cravings in the "most recent" list were yellowtail & scallion rolls and spicy white tuna crunch rolls), it was the perfect dinner to end a very hard week.

We had a bunch of different appetizers and then a big sushi boat, which came with 2 more plates of rolls. Between 6 people, we finished it all.









Less than 10 minutes after we got back to our apartment, the Navy Pier fireworks show started. They do shows every Wednesday and Saturday night between Memorial Day and Labor Day, with occasional shows some other times. They also do fireworks on the river during the winter. But this is the best fireworks show I've seen in Chicago so far.

It was similar, but a little bit better, than the one I saw last week. I guess last week was the trial run for the summer season. They have some great new fireworks - multicolored shooting star bursts, smiley faces and hearts in circles, exploding stars in circles, fireworks that fizzle into circles afterwards. It's a great show.

I didn't take any pictures this week, but this is a shot of the fireworks from last week's show. I just spent most of tonight's show squealing with glee about how beautiful the shooting stars were. And talking about how much I want to videotape the show in the future. It would be much easier than trying to get clear pictures. I love fireworks. It was the perfect conclusion to a day that can only be characterized by the word "release." I'm a real person again!



All that's left for me to do is a facial mask and then I'm off to bed for a good night's sleep. Happy weekend to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ah... now i want sushi... and to be a real person again... thinking of pinocchio and the velveteen rabbit... could it be that the magic that facilitates the change is the completion of my last paper? can't i just have a magic wand or some fairy dust?

katie