Saturday, May 28, 2005

Dix-Neuf

This has been such an incredibly long week.

Sometimes the weeks fly by. Go to school, come home, watch TV, repeat. Before you know it, it's Thursday afternoon and time for the weekend, which goes by as fast or faster. You look back on the week and think it went by quickly, wondering where all the time went.

Then there's the opposite feeling, like this past week of exams and work (which is not yet over). My first final of this exam period was this past Monday at 9 am. Since the start of that exam, it's been almost 5 full days. But it feels more like 3 full weeks.

I was thinking earlier today about how Monday feels like it was so very long ago. Venture capital? I'm supposed to remember that? Even Wednesday, my last exam before tomorrow's, the season finales of a bunch of TV shows - it feels like that was at least a week ago, if not more.

I'm not sure why it feels so slow. Is it because of the constant working? Is it because I feel more worn down from not getting any sleep? Is it just the physical exhaustion that makes the clock seem like it's going in slow motion? This isn't a complaint - goodness knows, I always say things are going too fast - but just contemplation.

Tomorrow's exam will be longer than all of the other exams from this quarter put together. And then, assuming I pass everything (we've been down this road too many times in this blog... but for those keeping track, I still need 5 grades/15 credits), it will all be over. It ends in my living room over email. How... anti-climactic. Then again the end of classes also went out with a whimper instead of a bang, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. But I don't need it to be festive - I've had this day marked on my calendar for a long time.

A little more chart-making and then it's time for bed. I'll be in the car, driving to pick up my exam, in less than 6 hours, so I should probably try to get some sleep. All those people who are free this weekend, I hope you're having a very enjoyable start to your Memorial Day weekend! :)

No comments: