Wednesday, May 04, 2005

SATC

It's done.

3.5 weeks, 94 episodes, 3 alternate endings. Done.

And what a ride it's been.

Watching all 6 seasons of Sex and the City in 3.5 weeks was amazing. I had seen almost all of the episodes before, some of them multiple times. There were only a few that were completely new. I knew exactly how the show started and I knew exactly how it would end.

But watching the finale for the second time was even more emotionally powerful than the first. I was crying my eyes out for the entire end of the finale. In a good way. Crying with a big smile on my face. Because I was in the camp that thought the ending of the show was absolutely perfect.

With so many hours of the show in such a short time, there's a much stronger emotional connection with the characters than watching it weekly for 6 years. You feel like you're friends with them - you cry with their losses and cheer when they find happiness. Which explains why I found myself uncontrollably bawling for 10 minutes.

If you have the time, I highly recommend watching the DVD sets one guilty pleasure after the next. It's a much deeper experience. And a lot of relationship questions to think about. You really get sucked into the characters' stories.

May we all have friendships and relationships that make us as happy as those 4 girls made each other. I love this show.

No comments: