Sunday, May 15, 2005

Bags of Laughs

"I'm tired of having bags and bags of paper piled up because I have no way to get rid of them. And I have to bring them to my son's house because I have no room for them."
- Caller on QVC about the paper shredder

Are you kidding me? Paper shredders have been around for so long, and they're not that expensive. There are sales all the time (even cheaper than QVC!). I'm sure QVC has had paper shredders before. You're seriously telling me that this woman has piled up bags of papers she wants to get rid of, but has just never known that there was a shredder before? Goodness.

I couldn't stop laughing. It's sad, but true. I laugh at other people's comments. That's part of my joy at watching QVC. Laughing at callers on occasion, and also laughing at some of the rings from the last hour's showcase. They would take up half of my finger and there was this turquoise one that was especially laugh-worthy.

Sorry if I've offended anyone who liked the turquoise ring or who didn't know paper shredders existed. Not personal, but I do need a laugh when I'm reading about the right to marry. And reading on no sleep makes me slightly delusional.

Eh, not so interested in floor restorer and protectant (except for the fact that they're banging black shoes against pieces of wood, which looks like fun), so it's back to reading for me. Only a couple more hours until Jack & Bobby.

No comments: